Respected San Jose Estate Planning and Trust Attorneys
The highly qualified attorneys at the San Jose, and Danville, California law firm of Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP provide the full breadth of estate planning; probate, trust, and estate administration; trust and estate litigation; estate and gift tax planning; and elder law services for clients in Silicon Valley and Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Francisco and other counties. Our areas of representation include:
- Estate Planning — We provide a full range of services to meet both long- and short-term goals, from planning basic estates to complex transfers. Our practice covers estate planning, trusts, revocable living trusts, administration, dispute resolution, and much more.
- Probate Administration — Our probate attorneys guide personal representatives through each step of the probate process, from preparation of legal documents and advising on tax issues to gathering and distributing assets and resolving disputes.
- Trust and Estate Administration — Our trust attorneys provide step-by-step guidance to trustees throughout the administration process. We handle estates of all complexities, sizes, and types of assets.
- Trust, Estate, and Probate Litigation — Our litigators handle a broad range of estate disputes, including will and trust contests, breach of fiduciary duty by a trustee, conservatorship disputes, and all other trust and estate disputes.
- Conservatorship and Guardianship — We help individuals avoid conservatorships through powers of attorney and advance health care directives, and we assist families in establishing conservatorships for incapacitated adults. We also help establish guardianships for minors.
- Mediation and Arbitration — We help parties resolve trust and estate-related disputes through all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration, judges pro tem, and serving as court-appointed referees.
- Estate and Gift Tax Returns — Our team includes attorneys who are also certified public accountants, giving us ideal qualifications to apply estate and gift tax laws to complicated estates while taking care to maximize tax savings.
- Beneficiary Representation — We protect the value of your interest as a beneficiary in a trust or an estate, monitor the fiduciary’s estate administration, and provide beneficiary services for retirement accounts.
- Expert Witness and Consultant Engagements — Our firm’s partners provide expert witness and consultant services in trials and mediations.
- Property Tax Issues — Our attorneys consider California property tax issues in estate planning, business planning, or trust or estate administration where there is real property to avoid or minimize increases in assessed value.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements — As part of our estate planning services, we prepare prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for clients.
- Elder law — Our firm handles a broad range of elder law matters, including Medi-Cal planning, avoiding and establishing conservatorships as an option for people who are incapacitated, and combatting financial elder abuse.
Seek Experienced Estate Planning Assistance From Leaders in the Field
Estate planning matters require counsel with specialized knowledge. Our attorneys include Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), a nonprofit organization comprised of the nation’s premier trust and estate counselors; several attorneys who are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®; and several Certified Specialists in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. Our attorneys frequently speak on estate planning and probate matters before attorneys and other professionals; have served on both national and California attorney bar associations and organizations focusing on estate planning and probate issues; have represented clients and served as experts in cases involving estate planning, probate, and tax issues before state and federal courts; and have been actively involved in drafting and lobbying for many of the statutory provisions addressing estate tax, probate, trust, and related matters in California.
We welcome your inquiry regarding our services. Contact Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP to schedule a consultation.