Cathy E. Nelson joined Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP in 2000. Ms. Nelson offers representation in matters involving probate and trust litigation and trust and decedent’s estates administration. Ms. Nelson’s litigation practice involves will and trust contests, elder abuse, fiduciary accounting, fiduciary removal and surcharge, breach of fiduciary duty, constructive and resulting trusts, interpretation of testamentary instruments, creditor’s claims, conservatorships, and related appeals. Ms. Nelson handles every stage of litigation, including pre-lawsuit negotiation, discovery, law and motion, settlement negotiations, mediation, trial, and appeals. Her administration practice includes trust and estate administration and conservatorships. Ms. Nelson was named as one of the “Rising Stars” in Estate and Trust Litigation by the Northern California Lawyer’s (2015).
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Nelson worked as a litigation paralegal at Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP for eight years, developing her expertise in will and trust contests, capacity and undue influence issues, fiduciary accountings, and discovery, which is essential to developing a case in litigation or mediation.
Ms. Nelson is admitted to practice law in all superior courts of California, all appellate courts of California, and the Supreme Court of California.
Contact a knowledgeable estate and trust litigation and administration attorney in San Jose
With more than a decade at Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP, Cathy Nelson has the experience you need to guide you through a broad range of probate and trust litigation, trust and estate administration, and elder law matters. To learn more about Ms. Nelson’s skill, experience, or services, contact our San Jose office by calling 408-290-7210, our Danville office by calling 925-233-4399 or contact us online.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Member, CEB Estate Planning Training Advisory Committee, 2015
- Member, State Bar of California, Trusts and Estates Section; Litigation Section
- Member, Silicon Valley Bar Association
- Member, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- William Ingram Inns of Court, 2006-2008
- Speaker, Probate Administration”, The Basics Conference, CEB, 2015
- Speaker, “Litigation”, The Basics Conference, CEB, 2015
- Speaker, “Recent Updates,” Contra Costa County Bar Association, 2014
- Speaker, “How to Fund a Revocable Trust”, CEB, 2014
- Speaker, “Punchlist for the Initial Client Meeting,” The Basics Conference, CEB, 2013
- Speaker, “Other Estate Planning Documents to Get to Know and Use,” The Basics Conference, CEB, 2013
- Speaker, “Punch List for the Initial Client Meeting;” Speaker, “Other Estate Planning Documents;” Panelist, “Here’s What I Recommend and Why;” The Basics Conference CEB, 2012